As the pandemic has limited contact time with employers for learners, there are many organizations that are offering virtual work experience programmes and insight days to learners.
Below you can find a list of links to these programmes categorized by subject area
, I will update these with any new ones so please keep checking the page!
These links will take you to a sign up, registration or further information page. If you need any assistance with these, please contact student services, progress coaches or your tutors.Health and Social Care
https://bsmsoutreach.thinkific.com/courses/VWE BSMS- This course provides a 'virtual' work experience for those looking to apply to medical school. You will be introduced to the NHS before exploring the roles and skill sets of six different medical specialists.
https://hee-vr360.azurewebsites.net/index.htm NHS- Use virtual reality to experience a day in the life of an allied health professional working in the NHS
https://www.springpod.co.uk/opportunities/dentistry-work-experience/ Dentistry Work Experience
https://workexperience.hfm.co.uk/ Halliday Fraser Munro
- have developed this new educational space to make our work experience programme available to students who are interested in architecture and design and would like to explore what this exciting industry is all about.
https://www.springpod.co.uk/opportunities/raf-engineering-virtual-insight-days/ RAF- To find out more – book on to our Engineering Insight Days on 4th February, 25th March and 20th April. We’ll be hosting live Q&A sessions with our Apprentices, Outreach Officers and Recruitment Teams.
https://www.springpod.co.uk/opportunities/engineering-work-experience/ Springpod- Kickstart your career in engineering today. Gain the skills and insight you’ll need by completing our virtual work experience programme. Get a clear understanding of what working in the industry will actually look like, complete real work and assignments and interact with industry professionals during live webinar sessions. Upon completion you will receive a certificate to add to your CV and/or personal statement.
UPS & Sports
https://www.springpod.co.uk/opportunities/raf-engineering-virtual-insight-days/ To find out more – book on to our Engineering Insight Days on 4th February, 25th March and 20th April. We’ll be hosting live Q&A sessions with our Apprentices, Outreach Officers and Recruitment Teams.
Business and IT Studies
- Side Quest
- Stuck indoors? Design your own video game through practical quests delivered by some of the UK’s biggest games studios, with live masterclasses, free software and a supportive online community.https://www.santanderjobs.co.uk/settingpotentialfree/work-experience.php
- Gain valuable work experience by spending a week as a member of the Santander team! Also offering an insight day for those who want to know more.https://hunterbevan.co.uk/missing-out-on-work-experience-this-year/ Hunter Bevan
- we’ve put together a remote ‘virtual work experience’ – two briefs for you to experience the real world of virtual home-working – just like our full-time staff are doing at the moment! In our normal work experience programme we give students a project to work on as well as learning software skills, working on real projects, and shadowing different members of staff.https://uptree.co/events/jp-morgan/3713219493/ J.P Morgan
- This an amazing opportunity for 40 current Year 12 or S5 students to get a week-long summer work experience, to learn about technology, cybersecurity and more, at this truly global organisation, AND you could also be fast-tracked for J.P. Morgan's degree apprenticeship schemes.https://www.pwc.co.uk/careers/student-careers/school-careers/our-programmes/insight-weeks.html PWC-
If you’re in Year 12 (Year 13 in NI and S5 in Scotland) and you’re keen to understand how you can progress your career in the world of business, accounting or technology at PwC, our Virtual
Insight Week offers you a fantastic opportunity to do just this. During this action packed week you can choose from a range of sessions covering Accounting, Business, Technology and your career development.If you’re in Year 12 (Year 13 in NI and S5 in Scotland) and you’re keen to understand how you can progress your career in the world of business, accounting or technology at PwC, our Virtual
Insight Week offers you a fantastic opportunity to do just this. During this action packed week you can choose from a range of sessions covering Accounting, Business, Technology and your career development.https://www.springpod.co.uk/opportunities/fashion-work-experience/ Fashion Work Experience
- We've all heard of Google. Some of us even use its search engine every day. But do you know what it's really like inside Google? What's the company culture like? What do employees do day-to-day? If you're interested in knowing more and have an eye for technology, then join us at work experience event this March with Google. We'll explore three different apprentices roles at Google, the benefits of working there and the opportunities available to students like you this year.General
-As the UK’s largest private sector employer our industry is committed to reducing youth unemployment. IGD’s virtual work experience programme provides insight into the diverse range of opportunities our industry has to offer and helps participants develop the skills they need through live interactive workshops and hands-on projects.https://www.schoolleaverfair.co.uk/https://www.worldskillsuk.org/skills/mindset-masterclasses/?mc_cid=ea9a9b66a4&mc_eid=7bbb57e551https://www.theforage.com/